Thursday, October 2, 2008

Gary Gygax vs the Gynormous Head!

At the launch of my gaming business, I wanted to acknowledge and thank the man who started my love of gaming, brought me and my family closer together through our shared love of games. At the center, just right of the flash is my hero, Gary Gygax the man I credit with the rebirth of the game industry and man who reminded us that imagination shouldn't end with childhood.

I really like this photo, despite the idiot with the gynormous head on the bottom left. This guy cut in of me while I took the shot, he was very rude and well... large headed. I managed to calm my Hulk-like-Rage without incident, this time my rude gynormous skulled fiend.
This is a photo from GENCON INDY - 2007. At the center you see what most untrained eyes might think to be camera’s flash, but after much ponderings I realized this is the moment my hero achieved enlightenment. I thought it was great that he hung out with all of his friends at the GENCON instead of ascending to Game-Heaven.

Gary Gygax left us early in 2008. We Gamers will miss him and the wonders of his imagination. I did get a chance to meet him for just a short hi and thank you. I am glad I got to thank him.

Here is a link to Wikipedia.org where this second photo is from.





No comments: